Xenotransplantation is defined as “any procedure that involves the transplantation, implantation, or infusion into a human recipient of either A. live non-human animal cells, tissues, or organs, or B. human body fluids, cells, tissues, or organs that have had ex vivo contact with live non-human animal cells, tissues, or organs,” or to put it another way; it is the procedure of grafting or transplanting organs or tissues from members of different species. Click on the “Download PDF” option provided below to know more on-
- What is Xenotransplantation?
- How is Xenotransplantation seen as an alternative?
- Why are pigs preferred for Xenotransplantation?
- What are the issues pertaining to Xenotransplantation?
- What is the significance of Xenotransplantation?