The Criminal Procedure (Identification) Act, 2022 aims to collect “measurements” from specific groups of people, as well as allow for their processing, storage, preservation, dissemination, and destruction, with the stated goal of criminal identification and investigation as well as crime prevention. Click on the ‘Download PDF option provided below to know more on-
- What does the Criminal Procedure (Identification) Act 2022 suggest?
- What are the key features of the Bill?
- What samples can be collected under the Bill?
- Who is compelled to provide measurements?
- Who can acquire the measurements?
- How may the authorities compel a person to give measurements?
- Where are the collected measurements stored?