Coal gasification is a viable way to use coal while adhering to strict environmental regulations. Sulphur in coal is transformed into a synthesis gas (syngas) that is a mixture of hydrogen into hydrogen sulphide (H2S) and tiny amounts of carbonyl sulphide (COS) during the gasification process. A wide range of commercially available techniques can easily and affordably remove these sulphur compounds from gas streams (i.e., acid gas removal systems). Click on the “Download PDF” option provided below to know more on-
- What is Coal Gasification?
- What are the technologies used for Coal Gasification?
- What are the advantages of Coal Gasification?
- What are the challenges in regard to Coal Gasification in India?
- What is National Coal Gasification Mission?
- What are some ongoing surface coal gasification projects in India?