It refers to single-use, disposable plastic goods. The Centre defines it as a plastic item that is meant to be used “just once” before being thrown away or recycled. One of the largest percentages of plastic produced and used is single-use plastic, which includes food packaging, polythene bags, face masks, coffee cups, cling film, garbage bags, and bottles of shampoo, soap, and cosmetics. Click on the “Download PDF” option provided below to know more on-
- What is Single-use Plastic?
- What are the items which are banned?
- Why were these items banned?
- How will the ban be carried out?
- What is the history behind the single-use plastic ban in India?